Saturday 14 April 2012

Disaster Recovery Center - Will that be a disaster?

Hello guys,

I know I am late but I am not too late. I saw in stats, many have watched my blog yesterday for updates but unfortunately I didn't update yesterday. This time I have something different to say.

If you guys want to know how government wastes taxpayers money, please go by Ringroad and visit Ilandhaikulam IT SEZ. Such a big land acquired and nothing is moved except creation of a marriage hall there.

The IT Scenario in Madurai could get a big boost if provided a good wide band internet connectivity I said in one of my last posts.

That is expected to arrive with the Disaster Recovery Center viz a 60 Crores INR project that is the mirror of the State Data Center in Perungudi of Chennai (the servers will contain the data of government websites and government records for which government is taking significant steps for e-governance). One big advantage is the Disaster Recovery Center should be in a place very less vulnerable to natural disasters, attacks, etc for which Madurai qualifies in a big way. We expect the Disaster Recovery Center in Madurai shortly in the forthcoming budget session discussion on Information Technology minister's assembly speech and its policy notes to arrive.

Will come up with some other post next week. Stay tuned guys! Thanks for the following.

No comments:

Post a Comment